The homemade 24-hour legal yogurt is very important for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet since we don't have many options for calcium intake. Our options are limited to:
• Homemade 24-hour yogurt
• Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (however, this can be difficult to find)
• Certain cheeses, but some people cannot tolerate cheese in large amounts... and its not good to eat large amounts of cheese anyway.
So the Homemade 24-hour yogurt is probably the best option. But here's the next problem, when will I ever get an opportunity to eat my yogurt? If I had a full refrigerator, yogurt is probably the last food I would want to eat. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to eat it. Sometimes there's nothing to eat it with. And sometimes a batch comes out a little sour and I'm reluctant to eat it. A big bowl of tart, and slightly sour yogurt? No thanks.
I've come up with a way to have your daily serving of yogurt in under 2 minutes! Turn it into "Yogurt Milk"! It goes down smooth and fast. Here's how:
Yogurt is pretty versatile. If you start to get bored with your yogurt milk, experiment with it! Here are some other ideas:
1) Yogurt Milk with honey as a sweetener
2) If you have a blender, you can blend yogurt, water, a bit of honey, and one strawberry to create "strawberry yogurt milk"
3) Add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg for a spiced milk
4) For a savory drink, add a pinch of salt, pepper, and cumin to it. I know it sounds strange, but its actually pretty good!
Just in case you missed it. Here is how to make the 24-Hour Specific Carbohydrate Yogurt using the Yogourmet Yogurt Maker