Friday, November 6, 2009

How to make "Yogurt Milk"

The homemade 24-hour legal yogurt is very important for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet since we don't have many options for calcium intake. Our options are limited to:

• Homemade 24-hour yogurt
• Dry Curd Cottage Cheese (however, this can be difficult to find)
• Certain cheeses, but some people cannot tolerate cheese in large amounts... and its not good to eat large amounts of cheese anyway.

So the Homemade 24-hour yogurt is probably the best option. But here's the next problem, when will I ever get an opportunity to eat my yogurt? If I had a full refrigerator, yogurt is probably the last food I would want to eat. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to eat it. Sometimes there's nothing to eat it with. And sometimes a batch comes out a little sour and I'm reluctant to eat it. A big bowl of tart, and slightly sour yogurt? No thanks.

I've come up with a way to have your daily serving of yogurt in under 2 minutes! Turn it into "Yogurt Milk"! It goes down smooth and fast. Here's how:




Yogurt is pretty versatile. If you start to get bored with your yogurt milk, experiment with it! Here are some other ideas:

1) Yogurt Milk with honey as a sweetener
2) If you have a blender, you can blend yogurt, water, a bit of honey, and one strawberry to create "strawberry yogurt milk"
3) Add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg for a spiced milk
4) For a savory drink, add a pinch of salt, pepper, and cumin to it. I know it sounds strange, but its actually pretty good!

Just in case you missed it. Here is how to make the 24-Hour Specific Carbohydrate Yogurt using the Yogourmet Yogurt Maker

6 comments:

Skinny Girl said...

Yogurt seems to be such a happy food, but like you I'm not always in the mood for yogurt. Okay, I'm hardly ever in the mood for yogurt. I like your idea of the yogurt milk!

fernpixel said...

Try the strawberry yogurt milk. Its Yummers! :D

IlanaWrites said...

I dunnnooo Fernpixel. I can not imagine that tastes delicious at all :( NO MATTER HOW HAPPY YOU LOOK DRINKING IT!

This post also doubles as a petition for more updates.

:)!!!

And as a motivation I'll even updated my site tonight...er...If I get around to it. lmao. Why am I so lazy/busy/notbusyandmostlylazy?

-Ilana

fernpixel said...

@Ilana: I have to be honest, it takes a lot of getting used to.

Its like eating a turkey burger for the first time. Its not quite the same, but allllmost as satisfying as the real thing ;)

LOL no worries, I'm slowly getting the swing of things. I'm planning on posting sometime tomorrow.

Yes! You should post more. I like your stories.

Scott said...

I'm new to the SCD & am making my first batch of SCD yogurt right now. From what I read I expected it to be more fluid/runny than typical yogurt yet yours looked pretty thick in the video. Does it usually come out that way for you?

fernpixel said...

Hi Scott, my yogurt comes out like that all the time. It might be the type of dairy you are using or possibly the starter.

I also heard there was an issue with some Yogourmet machines heater not working correctly. It could be any number of things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails