Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Thanksgiving is a time to get together with family. We don't usually host Thanksgiving and end up traveling to extended family. So its always nice to bring a little something :)
It doesn't have to be something complicated at all! Sometimes the simplest recipes can make a big impression too! I have chosen Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. This recipe has a big flavor for a small cookie, and plus, you can easily double the recipe so there is more to share!
Your family will love you for bringing these cookies because they are small enough that you can sneak a couple into your mouth without anyone noticing. Hey, I know I'm not the only one who likes to pick at the food before its actually ready. Its hard to resist with all the savory Thanksgiving flavors wafting out of the kitchen.
What I like about this recipe is that its very quick and simple, so if you're running around doing a thousand errands, this is one of those recipes that can be made at the last minute and you probably have all of these ingredients in your kitchen.
I modified this recipe to follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. The original recipe can be found here.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
prep time: 10 minutes / total time: 20 minutes
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey (I use less, about 1/3 or 1/2 a cup, because I don't like my desserts too sweet)
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat together peanut butter and honey in a large bowl with an
electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat
until well combined.
4. Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
5. Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and flatten with
tines of fork making a cross pattern.
6. Bake until puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes.
7. Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer with
spatula to rack to cool.
8. May be kept in air tight container at room temperature for 5 days.
9. Makes about 2 dozen cookies
And if you have room for dessert, just have one of these cookies. You won't feel excluded when everyone else is eating ice cream. :)