Friday, April 30, 2010

Coconut Flour!

I recently ordered from Tropical Traditions and it arrived yesterday! I'm so excited! I heard that coconut flour results in a really fluffy consistency, very much like white flour. I was never a fan of almond flour, so I'm extremely happy that this may be a substitute that may actually agree with me.



Check it out! Tropic Traditions has some really great deals and reasonable shipping rates, plus they are fast!

www.tropicaltraditions.com

By the way, this post wouldn't be possible without Kat. She was the one who introduced me to coconut products. She has a pretty nifty food blog. So please be sure to check her out too.

2 comments:

charles said...

I've used bob's red mill coconut flour a few times. I've made pizza crust and scones. I've combined almond and coconut flour when making cakes. I've had varying success with it. Coconut flour seems to absorb water like crazy. I hope to see how cooking with it turns out for you.

Kat said...

Oh my gosh you got so much! I hope you like it. I do much better with coconut four baked goods than almond flour and some others have said the same thing. And it makes much fluffier desserts. One reason why no one on SCD knows about it is because most people think coconut flour is very 'advanced' 'fibrous' and 'hard to digest'. I found it easier than nuts though.

Coconut oil is great, you can use that too for frostings if you mix it with honey. The oil is great for metabolism, digestion, candida, and inflammation.

The coconut butter/spread is quite dry and dense so you can either add honey for a frosting, or even some yogurt might work.

Whatever you do, don't substitute the same amount coconut flour for almond. You only need about 1/4 the amount, coconut flour soaks up liquid a lot. I have a good muffin recipe I can send to you, it's from the Cooking with Coconut Flour cookbook and happened to be SCD legal.

I'm so excited for you! I hope you aren't disappointed :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails