Wednesday, May 19, 2010

World IBD Day and CONTEST! --CLOSED--

Hey Everyone with IBD! Guess what! We have our own Day now! How cool is that? This means that our community is getting recognized! Maybe we'll be closer to finding a cure! If you are not familiar with IBD it stands for "Irritable Bowel Disease" and it is as uncomfortable as it sounds! Everyone with an illness struggles, but not all illnesses make you struggle with shame! Who wants to be the one to admit that they farted? Or wet their pants with diarrhea? Not I, and I'm sure you wouldn't. This is the silent struggle that people with IBD are suffering from. I'm sure everyone in their lifetime has experienced diarrhea, but try to imagine having diarrhea FOREVER! It sounds absurd, but its true. Unfortunately, IBD is virtually unknown because everyone keeps it a secret. A shameful secret. Recently there have been a lot of exciting medical advances in the world of IBD and with your help, there may be a cure within this generation!

May 19, 2010 is the first World IBD day! This is a huge step forward for the IBD community! We are slowly getting recognized and at a global level too. In celebration of this day, I decided to spread awareness by hosting a contest to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA).



Super cool prize to the person who donates the most money to the organization that I am supporting Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

Level 1 prize: If I receive $20 in donations or more, you'll get a super neato heating pad that is handmade by me.

Level 2 prize: If I receive $40 in donations or more, you'll get a Pocco Revoltech action figure! (This prize is not suitable for children under 10 years of age. There are lots of small pieces) OR a heating pad. Its your choice.

One prize will be given to one winner!

Rules:
1. Must be 18 years or older of have permission by a parent or guardian.
2. Contest open to U.S.A. only. No exceptions!
3. Donate online http://online.ccfa.org/goto/fernpixel
4. When you donate, make sure that you put your name or a name that I can identify you with on the donation form. Nicknames are ok! (do not donate anonymously, or else you will be disqualified from the contest)
5. Email me with the name you used for the contest and the amount that you donated. Please do this right after donating, this is to verify who you are, and also I'll be able to contact you if you win!

for more information on World IBD Day, check out the official site: http://ibdday.bvsalud.org/

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America:
http://ccfa.org/

3 comments:

S said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I've already posted it on my FB page. I'm so glad they are trying to raise awareness!!

fernpixel said...

@Shalene McGuire - No Prob Shalene! I'm always happy to help! I'm glad you're doing your part too :)

Also, welcome back!! I missed reading your blog!

S said...

Yeah, I didn't mean to delete it, I wanted to keep it up for awhile although I wasn't posting much anymore. I was trying to have two blogs on one account and somehow I ended up deleting one. My new blog is more about traveling but I may on occasion post SCD/Colitis related stuff on there. By the way, I love your heating pads, they are too cute! If I wasn't already doing a fundraiser for my local CCFA chapter, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails